Nov 29, 2023
Students pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (B.S.B.A.) with a major in economics must adhere to Collins College of Business policies. Students will be assigned a faculty mentor from the Department of Economics in Henry Kendall College of Arts and Sciences .
Students completing the undergraduate program in economics (B.S.B.A) will demonstrate:
- technical competence.
- analytical abilities across a wide range of economic schools of thought.
- their passion for learning with a focus on economics.
Tulsa Curriculum and First Year Experience (46 hours)
Core Curriculum and First Year Experience (21 hours)
General Curriculum (25 hours)
- Block I, Aesthetic Inquiry and Creative Experience (6 hours)
- Block II, Historical and Social Interpretation (12 hours
- ECON 2013 Principles of Economics I: Macroeconomics
- ECON 2023 Principles of Economics II: Microeconomics
- Other Block II electives (6 hours)
- Block III, Scientific Investigation (7 hours, including one hour of laboratory or field experience)
Business Core (35 hours)
Sophomore Core (19 hours)
Junior/Senior Core (15 hours)
Economics Major Requirements (18 hours)
General Electives (9 hours)
Only courses from outside of the Collins College of Business may be used for general education electives.
Free Electives (12 hours)
Any non-required undergraduate course offered by the institution.
Economics, B.S.B.A., Additional Requirements
Economics majors must complete ENGL 1033 , MATH 1143 , MATH 1243 (or higher level math courses), and BUS 4003 with a grade of C or higher.
Economics majors must complete or show proficiency through the first year of a modern foreign language.
Economics majors must complete each of the Business Core courses with a grade of C or higher, except for courses designated Pass/Fail.
ECON 2013 and ECON 2023 are required courses in the Business Core which are also used to fulfill part of the Tulsa Curriculum Block II requirement.