Nov 29, 2023
For more information on degree programs offered by the faculty of the School of Nursing, visit the School of Nursing webpage.
- The baccalaureate nursing program is approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326.
- The D.N.P. program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326.. The DNP nurse anesthesia program is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA), 222. S. Prospect Avenue, Park Ridge, IL, 60068-4001, 847-692-7137.
- The doctor of nursing practice (DNP) nurse practitioner programs are approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing.
- The DNP Nurse Anesthesia Program holds provisional approval from the Oklahoma Board of Nursing.
- The post-master’s adult-gerontology acute care nurse practitioner (AG-ACNP) program is approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing. The School of Nursing is seeking accreditation for this program with the ACEN.
- The DNP specialist certificate (DNPSC) program is accredited by the ACEN. The School of Nursing is seeking approval for this program through the Oklahoma Board of Nursing.
- The School of Nursing is seeking ACEN accreditation for a new Master of Science Degree in Nursing (MSN).
- The School of Nursing is a member of the National League for Nursing and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing.
Undergraduate Academic Programs
The faculty of nursing offer a pre-licensure curriculum track leading to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) degree. In addition to the traditional B.S.N., an online R.N.-B.S.N. program is offered. The curriculum provides a broad general education and a solid professional program based on a nursing model (the Roy Adaptation Model) rich in content and applicability.
The goal of the undergraduate nursing program is to produce an educated individual who is a professional nurse.
CoursesApplied Health SciencesNursing