May 06, 2021
Robert A. Jackson
Holly A. Laird
Don James McLaughlin
Applied Assistant Professor
Graduate Program Advisor
For more information about degree offerings by the faculty of English, visit the Department of English Language and Literature webpage.
Master of Arts. Students who complete the M.A. degree program will be able to:
- create independent work that analyzes, evaluates, and synthesizes aspects of Anglophone literature.
- understand, analyze, and evaluate diverse areas of Anglophone literature.
- understand, analyze, and evaluate diverse ethical values presented in a range of literary works.
- write and present effectively about issues in the field.
Doctor of Philosophy. Students who complete the Ph.D. degree program will be able to:
- create original and sustained scholarly work in the field.
- demonstrate expertise in two sub-disciplines through evaluation, analysis, and synthesis of works in the field.
- analyze, evaluate, and synthesize diverse ethical values presented in a range of literary works.
- write and present effectively to professional audiences about issues in the field.