Clinical Associate Professor
Clinical Assistant Professor
For more information about degree offerings, visit the Department of Kinesiology and Rehabilitative Sciences webpage.
Athletic trainers are healthcare professionals who work closely with physicians to not only administer preventive and emergency injury care for athletes and physically active individuals, but also follow through by setting up the treatment regimen and rehabilitation protocol. Athletic trainers must graduate from a degree program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education, pass the Board of Certification exam, and obtain appropriate credentials in the state they wish to practice.
Learning Goals and Outcomes
Master of Athletic Training. The mission of the Athletic Training program is to prepare students for professional service in a health care setting and provide opportunities for professional assimilation and involvement, while instilling an understanding of the importance of life-long learning. The mission will be achieved through the following goals and learning outcomes.
Promote high levels of professional and ethical conduct
Prepare students to successfully challenge the BOC Certification Examination
Prepare students for an entry-level position in athletic training
- Provide unique opportunities for interprofessional education
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviors.
- Demonstrate proficiency in prevention, immediate care, and management of injuries.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform a clinical evaluation and make a clinical diagnosis.
- Demonstrate the ability to design and carry out treatment, rehabilitation, and reconditioning programs.
- Understand the importance of professional development and continuing education.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze given situations and provide the appropriate response.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize research in clinical practice.
The Master of Athletic Training Professional Program at The University of Tulsa is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).