Nov 17, 2019  
2018-2019 Graduate Bulletin 
2018-2019 Graduate Bulletin [ARCHIVED BULLETIN]

Tuition and Fees

Unless indicated otherwise, figures in this section are for the fall semester of 2018 and are subject to change without notice at the beginning of any semester or summer term.


Graduate Tuition per semester hour, all programs if not otherwise noted below $1235.00
Doctor of Nursing Practice per semester hour $1040.00
Master of Accounting per semester hour $900.00
Master of Business Administration per semester hour $900.00
Master of Energy Business per semester hour $900.00
Master of Science in Business Analytics per semester hour $900.00
Master of Science in Finance per semester hour $900.00
Master of Science in Global Energy per semester hour $900.00
Master of Athletic Training per semester hour $800.00


Fees are in addition to the tuition shown above.

Graduate School application fee, nonrefundable $55.00
Thesis and Dissertation Fees (3 required copies):  
  Copyright (optional)  
Anthropology lab fee, varies by course
$25.00 - 100.00
Applied music fee, per credit hour $100.00
Required for all students enrolled in private music instruction, both music majors and non-music majors.  
Art laboratory supply fee, nonrefundable, varies by course $50.00 - 300.00
Chalk and Wire e-portfolio one-time fee for 5-year access $100.00
Required for education majors  
Chemistry laboratory fee, nonrefundable $20.00 - 100.00
Community fee - all full-time students  $175.00
EIIS admission application fee $50.00
Film production lab fee, nonrefundable, varies by course
Required for all students enrolled in film production courses, both film majors and non-film majors.

$50.00 - 100.00

Health sciences program fees
Approximate cost per year for supplies, drug testing fees, background check fees, mobile handheld device, scheduling system fees, immunizations, CPR certification fees, uniforms, and ATI testing fees. Consult Department of Kinesiology and Rehabilitative Sciences  and School of Nursing  for more information.
$100.00 - 300.00
Housing application deposit $250.00
ID card replacement fee $15.00

International Student Services fee, nonrefundable

Fall semester $180.00
Spring semester $180.00
Summer term $100.00
International business course fee, varies by course $1,500.00 - 2,000.00
Law course fee, varies by course $10.00 - 500.00
Marketing course fee, varies by course $30.00 - 50.00
Management course fee, varies by course $50.00 - 100.00

Parking permit fees
Parking permits are required of all students, faculty, and staff (part-time, full-time, day, and evening) who park motor vehicles on University property.

Automobiles, per year Contact ID/Parking Center for current fees
Motorcycles and mopeds, per year $25.00
Bicycles Free
Placement fee $5.00
ProctorU - Online test proctoring fee $25.00-$50.00
Professional liability insurance, per semester
Professional liability insurance is required for students in clinical nursing, athletic training, exercise and sports science, psychology, and communication disorders courses.
Proficiency examination fee, per credit hour, paid before the examination and nonrefundable $10.00
Residence Hall Association fee, nonrefundable
Required for students living in certain University residence halls
Student Association fee, 9 or more credit hours $70.00
Student Association fee, 1-8 credit hours $6.00
Student Services fee, one time charge for first time enrollees $100.00
Student teaching fees
Required for education majors
Student Health Insurance, single student, per semester
Student health insurance is required of all part-time and full-time students. An opt-out provision is available.

 Fall 2017 $742.00
 Spring 2018 $862.00
Theatre course fee, varies by course $25.00 - 150.00

Payment of Accounts

It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all educational expenses are paid during the semester in which they are incurred.

If financial aid does not cover all of the student’s expenses, the student may pay the balance in full or enroll in a payment plan. Payment plans are offered for each standard academic semester. Six-, five- and four-payment plans are available for the spring and fall semesters. Four- and three-payment plans are available for the summer term. A nominal fee will be assessed to establish a monthly payment plan. Payment plans may be arranged by visiting “View and Pay My Account” on the TU Portal.

The University of Tulsa provides monthly e-statements on all accounts with an unpaid balance regardless of pending aid, payment plans, or financial support from other off-campus sources. Students will receive messages via their addresses advising them when statements are available for review on the Portal.

Payment of current semester charges or payment arrangements must be made by 5:00 p.m. on the first day of classes. Payment arrangements may include a payment plan, pending financial aid, or a combination. Payments not made when due will be subject to a finance charge of 1.5% per month.

Currently enrolled students with an unpaid balance may be eligible to enroll in a subsequent semester provided that:

  • The student balance is not in excess of $5,000.00;
  • The student balance includes current semester charges only; and
  • The student has established a University-approved payment plan, at least one payment of that plan has been processed, and the terms of the payment plan allow for payment in full of the current unpaid balance by the start of the semester in which the student wishes to be enrolled.

A failed payment plan will result in cancellation of enrollment. If the account remains unpaid, the University reserves the right to suspend or withdraw the student from classes; to withhold grades, transcripts, and diplomas; deny future enrollments; and to require the student to move from student housing.

The University accepts charges on valid Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover credit cards.


If a student withdraws from his or her courses at the University, he or she may receive reduction of tuition based upon the following schedule. The reduction shall be calculated from the date on which application for withdrawal is processed. Housing and dining cancellations are processed separately based on written notice to the Housing Office. The University shall follow federally mandated refund schedules as they apply. Failure to attend classes does not constitute an official withdrawal or drop.

Refund Schedule for Fall and Spring semesters  
First day of classes 100%
Day 2 through end of first week 90%
Second and third week 50%
Fourth through seventh week 25%
Remainder of semester 0%

Refund Schedule for Summer session
First day of classes 100%
Days 2-3 80%
Days 4-6 50%
Days 7-9 25%
After 9 days 0%

Financial aid recipients receiving refunds will have their refunds returned to the proper aid accounts as determined by the Student Financial Services Office pursuant to federal guidelines. The prescribed order of refund distribution is to FFEL programs, Federal Perkins Loan program, Federal Pell Grant Program, and to other Student Financial Aid Programs.

Insurance Requirements

Student Health Insurance. All students enrolled at The University of Tulsa are required to have health insurance coverage which provides for benefits in the State of Oklahoma. A student may obtain required coverage by purchasing health insurance coverage offered through the University, or obtain coverage provided through another carrier, such as coverage under a dependent student’s parent’s policy, as long as that coverage provides benefits for claims made in Oklahoma.

This approach to health insurance coverage helps to ensure that all enrolled students have access to health care, especially as increasing numbers of TU students come from outside of Oklahoma. To help ensure coverage, all students will have the cost of the coverage available through the University added to their University bill each semester. However, the charge will be removed from the student’s account upon verification of other appropriate coverage. Verification must be received annually by September 15th for students enrolling in the fall semester and January 31st for students enrolling for the first time in the spring semester.

For information on health insurance coverage offered through the University, visit the TU Student Health Insurance Plan Website.

Student Renter’s Insurance. Renter’s insurance is recommended for all students living in on campus or other away-from-home accommodations. In many cases, parents’ homeowner policies will cover expenses related to dependents’ expenses in external locations. However, it is wise to conduct an insurance review to assure that a student has the appropriate amount of coverage.

Parking and Bicycle Permits

All University students, faculty, and staff must register motor vehicles and bicycles that are to be parked or utilized on University parking lots, streets or bicycle racks. For information regarding permits and parking regulations visit Parking Services.

TU One Card

The Parking and Card Services office in Fisher Hall issues identification cards to all students and University employees. The cards are required for admission to the campus libraries, dining hall, residence halls, labs, selected classrooms and other facilities. Students are required to carry their TU One Card at all times on University property and at University events, and to present it to University officials when requested. ID cards may not be loaned to anyone at any time. Disciplinary action will be taken against a student who fraudulently uses another’s card, and against a cardholder who permits fraudulent use of his or her card.

The TU One Card is used for admission to Student Association-sponsored programs and University athletic events. Students at The University of Tulsa are allowed one free student ticket to each athletic event. Students must present their valid University of Tulsa ID and ticket for admittance to athletic events. For more information regarding the athletic event ticket policy, visit Department of Athletics Student Ticket page.

Hurricane Gold Dollars

Hurricane Gold Dollars is a safe and convenient option for on- and off-campus dining and shopping. Hurricane Gold Dollars reduces the need to carry or keep cash on hand. It is a non-interest-bearing declining balance convenience account, not a credit card or a checking account, and is tied to a student’s TU One Card. Hurricane Gold Dollars may be used at all campus dining locations, at the bookstore, in vending machines and at many off-campus merchants and restaurants.

Purchases are deducted from the student’s account when the ID card is swiped at the register. When the deposited limit is reached, a student may add funds to the card by simply prepaying an amount ($25.00 or more) into the student’s Hurricane Gold Dollars account at the Parking and Card Services office in Fisher Hall or in the Bursar’s Office in McClure Hall.

Banking regulations and University policy prohibit cash withdrawals during the academic year, but remaining balances are fully refundable at the end of the spring semester or upon withdrawal from the University. Requests for withdrawal of funds must be presented in writing.

If a student loses a TU One Card, especially when there is money in his or her Hurricane Gold or Dining Dollars account, he or she should notify the Parking and Card Services office immediately. The student will be responsible for all transactions made by the student or by anyone else who uses the card, even if lost. However, to minimize loss, a $20.00 per day spending limit has been established for all vending locations. The Parking and Card Services office will instantly change the account number to protect the account from unauthorized use and will issue a replacement TU One Card. There is a fee for a replacement card.

Loss of an ID after normal business hours can be reported to any Hurricane Gold location with a cash register - e.g., the Hut or Pat Case Dining Center - which can “lock out” use of the missing card. Then, when the Parking and Card Services office reopens, the account number can be changed and the account reactivated. If this is not convenient, the student should leave a message on the voice mail at the Parking and Card Services office. Invalidation of the card will occur on the morning of the next business day. The University of Tulsa is not responsible for cash balances of lost cards.